Free Research Report Download:
The Cancer Market Outlook To 2014
Free Pharmaceutical Market Research Reports
Corporate & Fiscal
Pharmaceutical Events & Conferences
Terms & Conditions
The 113 drug colorectal cancer (CRC) pipeline is dominated by target therapies. VEGFR remains the leading target for drug developers, but there are a growing number of novel targeting therapies as drug developers look to increase efficacy, reduce toxicity, and avoid direct competition. Identification of the correct molecular target will be key to ensuring that a novel drug is effective.
Features and benefits
* In-depth analysis of colorectal cancer pipeline ? development stage, therapeutic class, molecular targets, and changes in pipeline since 2006
* In-depth analysis of current comparator therapy ? target product profile, unmet needs, and innovative early-stage approaches
* In-depth analysis of clinical trial design ? patient selection, duration, clinical endpoints, and future developments in trial design
* The future of colorectal cancer treatment ? increasing use of biomarkers, new combination therapies and novel targeted therapies
Targeted therapies dominate the colorectal cancer pipeline. However, developers will face strong competition from established therapies already on the market. The advancement in understanding of the molecular basis of colorectal cancer has exposed new targets, but companies must identify the correct ones to improve the chances of success.
Clinical trial design must demonstrate the clinical efficacy of novel therapies. The selection of correct patient populations, trial duration, and endpoints is becoming increasingly important in the era of target therapy development. The use of biomarkers in colorectal cancer is somewhat modest, but could prove important in drug development.
Future colorectal cancer treatment will rely on new combination regimens, the identification of new molecular targets, and increased use of biomarkers. New therapies will have to focus on improving overall survival in early and advanced disease while limiting toxicity to compete with the current standard of care ? Eloxatin.
Your key questions answered
* Identify key trends in the colorectal cancer pipeline, including development stage, molecular targets, and therapeutic class
* Identify the target product profile for new colorectal cancer therapies and innovative early-stage drug targets
* Assess key decisions in colorectal cancer clinical trial design regarding patient selection, trial duration, endpoints, and predictive biomarkers