Free Research Report Download:
The Cancer Market Outlook To 2014
Free Pharmaceutical Market Research Reports
Corporate & Fiscal
Pharmaceutical Events & Conferences
Terms & Conditions
GBI Research's research, Lifesciences IT - 2011 Yearbook provides key data, information and analysis on Lifesciences \IT that is being implemented by pharmaceutical companies. GBI Research expects that information technology (IT) in the lifesciences industry will become a trendsetter, helping pharmaceutical companies mitigate current and evolving industry challenges. IT solutions utilized in the value chain of pharmaceutical companies help them to operate effectively and efficiently. GBI expects an increase in the adoption of IT by pharmaceutical companies looking to remain competitive in the market place.
The Lifesciences industry is pressurized by various challenges such as declining Return on Investment (ROI) on R&D investments, entry of generics and layoffs. These factors are responsible for the lifesciences companies to invest in information technology solutions. Pharmaceutical companies have found that experimental techniques are costly, time-consuming, and involve the use of large numbers of animals for testing and are adapting to computerized combinatorial chemistry applications. Pharmaceutical Companies are increasingly adopting e-clinical trial solutions in the drug development phase. Cutting down clinical trial cost is the driving motivation for the adoption of e-clinical trial solutions. Services offered by IT companies in clinical data management are costly but have been proved to save cost for the companies in the long run. CTMS and EDC will attract the highest investments in the future followed by data mining, electronic submission tools and RFID. Outsourcing helps a pharmaceutical company to reduce costs by 30-35% and this is one of the main reasons why pharmaceutical companies outsource non-core R&D operational work to IT companies. When selecting a country to outsource clinical data management work, building the required competencies to tackle client requirements has gained a higher importance than the cost advantage it provides. The predictive analytics helps a company view beyond the sales volume in to real time prescribing patterns, as a behavior of continuum. This also helps the company to follow the evolving niche buster model. Many pharmaceutical companies have increased satisfaction levels from their customers in 2008. In 2004, 50% of the physicians were satisfied on the current number of calls. However, satisfaction levels have increased in 2008 with more than 57% of the physicians in the US satisfied with the current number of calls. The increase in satisfaction levels was directly proportional to the decrease of sales force in the US.
It is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
The scope of this report includes -
- Analysis of the leading segments in the Lifesciences IT market
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the Lifesciences IT market.
- Competitive benchmarking of leading companies in the market.
- Key M&A activities and strategic partnership deals that have taken place in 2009.
- Inputs for customized IT solution based on business situation.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will provide you with -
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading segments poised for strong growth.
- Device better strategies through the understanding of key drivers and barriers in the market.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus of leading companies.
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.