Free Research Report Download:
The Cancer Market Outlook To 2014
Free Pharmaceutical Market Research Reports
Corporate & Fiscal
Pharmaceutical Events & Conferences
Terms & Conditions
Overall sales of clinical nutrition products are rising with an aging population in the US and EU as well as rising incidence of illnesses and conditions that require clinical nutrition. But sales of clinical nutrition products containing probiotics and prebiotics are outpacing sales of conventional clinical nutrition products, opening up a new market that is dominated by a handful of players.
Features and benefits
* Understand the clinical nutrition market and broad trends affecting product development and usage.
* Analyze the unmet need for pro/prebiotic clinical nutrition products and what is the supporting clinical data for product benefits?
* Identify the key players in the pro/prebiotic clinical nutrition market and the leading products in the market.
* Forecast the growth of the pro/prebiotic clinical nutrition market by users and product sales in the EU and the US.
* Assess the future of probiotics and prebiotics in clinical nutrition and the potential product development opportunities.
Nearly all of the major manufacturers of enteral nutrition products – Abbott Nutrition, Danone, Fresenius Kabi and Nestlé – are currently working to expand their offerings of products containing probiotics and prebiotics. Currently, several clinical nutrition products are formulated with prebiotics and one major product contains probiotics.
Several special patient populations are especially good candidates for clinical nutrition products containing probtiotics and/or prebiotics as they have specific and/or greater nutritional needs than non-elderly adults. They include the elderly, patients with compromised gastrointestinal systems, the critically ill and infants.
Although there is interest and activity in the development of enteral nutrition products containing probiotics, a lack of basic research establishing the clinical performance of probiotics in enteral nutrition patients is limiting further new product activity.
Your key questions answered
* Why are clinical nutrition products now incorporating probiotic and prebiotic ingredients? What types products are most amenable to reformulation?
* What benefits can probiotic and prebiotic ingredients provide in clinical nutrition products that is not otherwise available?
* What clinical nutrition products currently contain probiotic and prebiotic ingredients?
* Which patient groups/market segments are most attractive for these products?
* What is the forecast growth of clinical nutrition products containing probiotics and prebiotics and what are the drivers/inhibitors of R&D?