Free Research Report Download:
The Cancer Market Outlook To 2014
Free Pharmaceutical Market Research Reports
Corporate & Fiscal
Pharmaceutical Events & Conferences
Terms & Conditions
GlobalData’s pharmaceutical report offering, “Herpes Simplex - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016” is an essential source of information and analysis on the global herpes simplex market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global herpes simplex market. The report also provides insight into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shifts in the positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight into the pipeline products within the global herpes simplex therapeutics sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData finds that the global herpes simplex market was worth approximately $2.9 billion in 2009. The global herpes simplex therapeutics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.1% between 2009 and 2016. The primary factor contributing to the increase in revenues over the forecast period is the increase in disease incidence. Presently the therapeutic regimen for Herpes Simplex is dominated by a range of DNA polymerase inhibitors which include Zovirax, Famvir, Valtrex, Denavir and OTC products such as Abreva and Aviralex. This market is a significantly genericized market with many brands across the major seven geographies.
- Annualized global herpes simplex market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for seven years to 2016.
- Key geographies covered in this report include the US (United States), the UK (united Kingdom), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Key classes of mechanism of action include DNA polymerase inhibitors, Helicase-primase inhibitors, NFkB regulators, HSV-2 gene and nectin-1 receptor targetters, viral maturation inhibitors and PDI inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global herpes simplex market. Key market players covered are BioAlliance Pharma, Nutra Pharma Corporation and AiCuris GmbH & Co. KG.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the future market associated with herpes simplex therapeutics.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global herpes simplex market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global herpes simplex market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain the competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global herpes simplex market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.